Summit Double Glazing are a FENSA approved TrustMark Scheme Operator – therefore, it is possible for FENSA registered businesses to apply for TrustMark approval directly through FENSA.
What is TrustMark?
TrustMark is an independent Government-backed scheme developed across the home improvement industry after consultation with Trade Associations, Consumer Groups and prominent leaders in each industry sector.
A consumer utilising a TrustMark status company can do so in the confidence that the company in question will have been thoroughly checked and assessed as to the standards of their work and the services they are able to provide to their customers in terms of any issues, complaints or concerns that arise as a result of their work.
How does TrustMark work?
TrustMark works on the basis of having licensed ‘operators’ within industry sectors (usually Trade Associations or Competent Persons Schemes). Companies can then register for TrustMark with these operators alongside whatever other registration services the operator provides. It is the operator’s responsibility to ensure that applicants meet the standards of TrustMark.
What are the benefits of TrustMark registration?
- Approval from a cross-industry and publicly-recognised, Government-backed standards body
- Joint logo utilised by all operators across the home-improvement sector
- Full use of the TrustMark logo for utilisation on stationery, advertising, promotional material and van decals
- Online search function on the TrustMark and FENSA websites enabling consumers to locate FENSA TrustMark registered businesses within their area
- Ongoing national marketing and promotional campaign from TrustMark to increase customer awareness in the TrustMark scheme
- Increasing recognition of the brand throughout the country and with the mainstream press
- Increasing support for TrustMark scheme from Local Authorities, Trading Standards and other consumer groups.
What are the requirements?
FENSA TrustMark registered businesses must be able to satisfy the following (in addition to the requirements of standard FENSA registration):
- Comprehensive written procedure for resolving complaints A full health & safety policy must be in place (not required if the applicant has five or less employees)
- A full check on credit history (carried out by FENSA TrustMark)
- Provides a guarantee covering all aspects of the installation work carried out upon completion of each job. Full warranty insurance must at the very least be offered on all guarantees provided.
What will this cost me?
Registration for TrustMark is not expensive and is based on a yearly subscription fee. The registration costs vary depending on whether or not you are using GGFi to provide guarantee insurance to your customers. There are no other hidden costs or extra charges - the charges listed below are the only payments that you will need to make in relation to FENSA TrustMark.
First years application (and subsequent yearly registration) with FENSA TrustMark if already utilising GGFi as an IBG provider - £175 plus VAT, (£100 application fee and then £7.50 per month for 10 months).
First years application (and subsequent yearly registration) with FENSA TrustMark if GGFi is NOT your IBG provider - £250 plus VAT (£100 application fee and £15.00 per month for 10 months).
How do I apply?
If you are already registered with FENSA - either contact FENSA on 020 7645 3718 to request an application form, or alternatively log on to your FENSA account to download an application form.
If you are not yet registered with FENSA, you will first need to achieve FENSA registration by contacting FENSA directly or request an application pack here. Once you are registered with the FENSA scheme you can follow the above process.